City of Vancouver Social Policy staff work with other City departments, other levels of government, community organizations, academic institutions and the public to conduct research about issues important in the lives of Vancouver's young people. Sometimes, this research leads to the development of City policy.
In partnership with the community, the public and other levels of government, City staff have been recently looking at a variety of issues including the following:
- Youth Leadership Development Programming
- Civic Youth Engagement - tools, evaluation, best practices, etc.
- Anti-Discrimination, Intercultural Community Building & Young People
- Child, Youth & Family Friendly Cities
- Middle Childhood (6-12 year of age) - including the quality & accessibility of out-of-school programming
- Sexual Exploitation of Young People
- Youth Violence & Gang Prevention
Some City of Vancouver policies relating to young people
If you have any questions regarding any of our research projects, please contact Steven at firstname.lastname@example.org.