Artistic? Creative? Passionate about the arts? Looking for a challenging opportunity to help shape your city? Become part of Vancouver's first Arts and Culture Policy Council! Be a voice for Vancouver's creative community; give advice to City Council and staff; reach out to the public to share information and collect ideas relating to arts and culture. Apply online by March 29, 2012.
The mandate of the Arts and Culture Policy Council (ACPC) is to advise Council and staff on all civic programs that relate to arts and culture.
The Arts and Culture Policy Council’s role is to:
- Report to City Council
- Advise City Council and staff on City arts and cultural services and programs
- Act as conduit for feedback from public to the City on civic arts and culture services
- Deal with related matters referred to Arts and Culture Policy Council by City Council or City staff
- Engage in outreach and public awareness in respect to civic arts and culture services and programs
Membership of the Arts and Culture Policy Council must include:
- Broad representation of artistic disciplines and practices
- Strong representation of individual artists
- Articulate visionaries with a non–partisan approach
- Extensive demonstrated experience in arts and culture
- Reflect Vancouver’s diversity, including youth and First Nations
- Members with knowledge of City services and broad arts and cultural programs
- Appointees serve as individuals - not as representatives of an organization